Since the long-awaited feature for Instagram is becoming available in more and more countries, let’s do a quick recap of what we already know, and explore what we can do in Instagram for business.
Should I convert my account to Instagram for business?
- It will help your customers connect with your business
- You’ll be able to include additional information (phone number, e-mail and physical adress)
- Your profile will get a contact button near the top of the profile (get directions, call and e-mail)
- You’ll get access to Instagram Insights (post performance, follower demographics and behavior)
- Promote: create & place ads that drive business results without leaving Instagram
WHAT WILL CHANGE?
- You’ll receive access to Instagram Insights. Instagram Insights provide information on who your followers are,
when they’re online and more.
- You can also view insights for specific posts you’ve created to see how each performed and how people are
engaging with them. Learn more about the insights available.
- Business Profiles include a Contact button near the top of their profile. You’ll have the option to include directions,
a phone number and / or an email address.
- Business Profiles will show a category directly below the profile image.
INSTAGRAM NATIVE INSIGHTS
These insights may include on profile level:
- Impressions: Total number of times your post was seen
- Reach: Number of unique accounts who saw your post
- Website Clicks: Number of accounts that have tapped
the website link on your Business Profile.
- Follower Activity: Average times your followers are on
Instagram on a typical day
- Follower demographics: including gender, age and
On post level:
- Engagement (it includes the total number of unique Instagram accounts that liked or commented on your post)
GOOD TO KNOW!
- You can convert your Business Profile on Instagram back to a personal account at any time.
- All of these features are only available from within the Instagram mobile app.
- A business Instagram profile can be connected only with one Facebook page.
- Keep in mind that you must include at least 1 contact option when setting up your Business Profile.
- This category is the same as the category of your linked Facebook Page.
- If you entered a physical address, it will now appear below your profile’s description